What did you get today (May 2020)

adiddle

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Graph Cash
Received Orlando Pena on an Orioles signature card in 12 days .
He did not sign the front instead he signed the back on the name line.
On the notes line he put Weaver #1 manager in baseball and on the date line he wrote Robinson the best and dated it 4-26-2020.
Even though he did not sign the front the back is his thoughts and that is cool.

Chris

Admin
Staff member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Graph Cash
It is still refreshing to see that you are getting your TTM everyday. Nice going Chris
Thank you, sir!

I took a little break in March because I wasn’t sure how “that Rona” would affect signing habits but then I stormed through April. I think, if anything, players have a lot of downtime and are signing more now on average,

Chris

Admin
Staff member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Graph Cash
Steve Avery 1/1 c/o Home w/$20 fee in 16 days, signed 1st MLB Win ticket with inscription
Delino DeShields 1/1 c/o Home w/$15 fee in 16 days, signed MLB Debut ticket, did not inscribe unfortunately
Ken Singleton 3/3 c/o Home w.$15 fee in 16 days
Logan Allen 3/3 c/o Home in 14 days
Address:
Spencer Butt 3/3 c/o Home in 14 days
Address:

Last edited:

Mainer1991

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Graph Cash
This is cheating - sorry! - but since I just joined the forum, I wanted to share all of my successes thus far in May. Love reading who other folks are getting back in the mail too. Chris, you must be cranking letters out.

Paul Hornung 2/2 c/o home in 8 days
Len Dawson 2/2 c/o home in 8 days ($10 fee)
Bobby Shantz 2/3 c/o home in 6 days
Elroy Face 2/2 c/o home in 7 days
Sonny Jurgensen 2/2 c/o home in 7 days ($12 fee)
Charlie Thompson 1/1 c/o home in 7 days
Bobby Cremins 2/2 c/o home in 11 days, added a signed thank-you note
Dave Cowens 1/1 c/o home in 6 days
Steve Garvey 2/2 c/o home in 9 days
Ron Cey 2/2 c/o home in 9 days
Charley Trippi 4/4 c/o home in 9 days
Eddie Robinson 1/1 c/o home in 7 days ($10 fee)
Don Maynard 2/2 c/o home in 14 days ($10 fee)

My one failure was Willie O'Ree, returned both cards unsigned c/o home in 9 days.

IMG_2835 (1).jpg

Chris

Admin
Staff member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Graph Cash
This is cheating - sorry! - but since I just joined the forum, I wanted to share all of my successes thus far in May. Love reading who other folks are getting back in the mail too. Chris, you must be cranking letters out.

Paul Hornung 2/2 c/o home in 8 days
Len Dawson 2/2 c/o home in 8 days ($10 fee)
Bobby Shantz 2/3 c/o home in 6 days
Elroy Face 2/2 c/o home in 7 days
Sonny Jurgensen 2/2 c/o home in 7 days ($12 fee)
Charlie Thompson 1/1 c/o home in 7 days
Bobby Cremins 2/2 c/o home in 11 days, added a signed thank-you note
Dave Cowens 1/1 c/o home in 6 days
Steve Garvey 2/2 c/o home in 9 days
Ron Cey 2/2 c/o home in 9 days
Charley Trippi 4/4 c/o home in 9 days
Eddie Robinson 1/1 c/o home in 7 days ($10 fee)
Don Maynard 2/2 c/o home in 14 days ($10 fee)

My one failure was Willie O'Ree, returned both cards unsigned c/o home in 9 days.

View attachment 47
Still waiting on my Garvey request. 🤨

Mainer1991

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Graph Cash
Good mail day today. Received the following:
Buck Martinez 5/5 c/o home in 7 days
Doug Jennings 4/4 c/o home in 7 days
Bob Oldis 4/4 c/o home in 13 days
Billy Gardner 2/2 c/o home in 13 days
Bobby Morgan 1/1 c/o home in 13 days
Larry Miggins 2/2 c/o home in 10 days

IMG_2848.jpg

adiddle

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Graph Cash
My favorite golf pro growing up in Jack Nicklaus. I remember buying Golden Bear golf shirts and golf balls. I think I may still have a golf ball from about 1972 that I did not use. Nice one Chris.
Plus not too bad of a May for you Simon.
Some times I wish I could get back into TTM but I got most of my 1987 Topps TTM and I now only have the hard ones left same thing with my Orioles collection. About 10 years ago I think I was mailing out about 50 a month at least. The no reply's still sting on some of them
Even still great to read your successes

Chris

Admin
Staff member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Graph Cash
Good mail day today. Received the following:
Buck Martinez 5/5 c/o home in 7 days
Doug Jennings 4/4 c/o home in 7 days
Bob Oldis 4/4 c/o home in 13 days
Billy Gardner 2/2 c/o home in 13 days
Bobby Morgan 1/1 c/o home in 13 days
Larry Miggins 2/2 c/o home in 10 days

View attachment 48
I remember when Jennings was a hot prospect. His career just never materialized.

Chris

Admin
Staff member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Graph Cash
Nice basketball sigs. How are you deciding who to write to now that you're back in the hobby?
Good question. I talked about this briefly on the site but a lot of things have changed in the the last 10 years. Information is a lot more available to people and cards are much easier to find now. Typically I'd be after prospects and minor leaguers but this year obviously changes things with the suspension of the season. I probably have 250 cards already pulled aside to send off right now. I started in on the Stars and Stripes sets because it's more in line with who I've always targeted but I have a ton of retired guys to send off. I have a few people that post their successes online that I like to get ideas from and then just generally whatever I see on sites/social media. I enjoy sending to players I have some kind of personal experience watching or following, etc. Sometimes I just come across a cool looking card that I think will look great signed. I like to look through the relics at my local card shop and see who they have that I know may sign it. I got a Troy Tulowitzki relic and sent it, Rocco Baldelli too, but no dice on them yet. I did get a Paul Molitor relic back signed. It's very satisfying to find a cool card and then get it back signed.

PaulMolitor3.jpg

Sometimes I just do goofy things. For example, there is this ex-Montreal Expos minor league pitcher that lives near me that I sent a bunch of refractors and xfractor cards to get signed. I wanted to have the greatest collection of his autographs in the WORLD! lol Unfortunately it's been a few weeks and no reply yet. :unsure: There are no autographs on record for him in like 10 years though so maybe it was wishful thinking. I found another minor league player that I'm going to do the same thing with. I actually got his autograph back in 2002 and later that season he sent me a Christmas card which was the coolest thing ever. I'm going to send him some refractors and see if he remembers sending out Christmas cards that year. Maybe I can have the greatest collection of his autographs in the WORLD! ;)

Mainer1991

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Graph Cash
Love it, Chris. Sounds similar to my approach. It's been a bit overwhelming dipping back in and trying to figure out where to focus my efforts with there being so many themes or collections that I'd want to pursue. I should look up a couple of the minor league players who never made it big but who I got to know while they were with the Portland Sea Dogs back in the early 2000s.

Here's my haul for today:
  • Cloyd Boyer, 2/2 c/o home, 14 days
  • Don Buford, 2/2 c/o home, 8 days
  • Lenny Wilkens, 4/4 c/o home, 8 days
  • Jim Otto, 2/2 c/o home, 8 days
  • Tom Kelly, 2/2 c/o home, 8 days
IMG_2852.jpg

Mainer1991

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Graph Cash
Bob Cousy, 1/1 c/o home, 16 days (love how the signature came out on this card)
Jim Barr, 3/3 c/o home, 10 days
Mark Grant, 4/4 c/o home, 10 days
Greg Kite, 3/3 c/o home, 10 days

IMG_2864.jpg

Private conversations
Help Users
    You haven't joined any rooms.