Those addresses that are impossible to find...

djauwerda

Graph Cash
Ok, I'm probably a little too old school... or weird, but part of the fun of TTMing for me is sending out to players when I have to do some research to find their address. Thrill of the chase... whatever. I'm a member of SCN & SCF, & I know obviously I could purchase Harvey's list, and I may end up doing that in the future. But I just prefer to do the work sometimes.

Anyhoot. While collecting for my Chicago Bears project, I have hit a stone wall for about seven players that I cannot find an address for that I feel is worth even a longshot attempt. I'm just wondering what some of your processes are for locating some of those players that are hard to find.

Here's mine:
  1. I usually check SCN, I pay for it, so I use it. 90% of my searches end here as it's a great resource.
  2. If I have issues or concerns about an address on SCN, I'll flip over to Whitepages.com and try to cross reference.
  3. Then, if I'm still not confident, I'll Google search the players name and use any number of sources to pin down a current location. Wikipedia, Pro Football Reference, Pro Football Archives, their college sports sites (School Hall of Fame bios help), amongst other sites.
  4. I will use Spokeo to try to narrow down a bit more, but sometimes it's good, sometimes it isn't.
Where I really struggle is when a player has a very common name like Butch Davis, John Johnson, Joe Barnes, Willie Roberts, etc. Anyhow, I know about Startiger, but I was wondering what other sites you all use to dig up those hard to find addresses.

Mainer1991

Graph Cash
2019 Panini Stars and Stripes Austin Martin
I love this game and have been hard at work trying to find reliable addresses for some former Negro Leaguers.

I highly recommend pulling together as much personally-identifiable information as you can, and then using TruePeopleSearch. I just took a whack at your list with Joe Barnes and came up with this entry. Impossible to give anything 100% confidence, but same full name and same birth month, near where he was born. I'm not able to cross-check that address with his wife's name, though, which is listed in his Wiki article, but it's unclear if they are / live together.

It's a fun question and curious how others approach this.

djauwerda

Graph Cash
I have not used this site before, but will now. Yes, he's one I could not pin down at all. He's listed all over in Texas on White Pages, and as you said, I couldn't get a clear cross check with his wife's name on wiki. I'll try some of the others as well.

Private conversations
Help Users
    You haven't joined any rooms.